Sunday, November 8, 2015

The Home of Charles and Ray Eames

 
Scrolling my instagram feed yesterday I saw that a fellow Aussie designer was touring L.A. and had just visited the home of husband and wife design team, Charles and Ray Eames, in the Pacific Palisades California.

 
 

So I googled it and discovered I could practically walk from our Santa Monica home.

 


I made a booking to tour the home the next morning.




Today was my day to visit this iconic home and soak up the creative energy and integrity surrounding this sacred site. My 90 minute visit has totally reinvigorated my deepest passion and calling for design.


 
 
So many wonderful quotes from an extraordinary visionary.
My favourite being;
 
"The extent to which you have a design style is the extent which you have NOT solved the design problem".
 
By Charles Eames.
 
 
 
 
This home certainty was a space for living, ever growing, ever changing and spoke to my designer heart and my Space Healing design philosophy.
 

 
 
The interiors were decorated with plants and layered exotic textiles from around the globe, just the way I like it.
 
 
 
 
 
Jas and I have been talking a lot about the Eames armchair recently. We are looking for a lounge chair for our new bedroom and Jas keeps on coming back to this one. Even though Jas appreciates the design merits of the Eames Armchair, he's not easily warming to the price.....
 

 
 
Our children had a wonderful time at the Eames property making a house of cards under the gumtrees.


 
 
For a moment we felt like we were in Sydney again.
 
 
 

I took this Scandinavian vintage Luna chair designed by Odd Knutsen home on memo this week to show Jas. It was in our price range and was extremely comfy.


 
 
But it wasn't refined enough for Jas, with Eames on the brain and all.
So the search continues.
 
Tonight we agreed to pop into Design Within Reach and take a seat in the Eames chair just for fun.
 
 
 
 
 I think this is called striking while the iron is hot.
 
Wish me luck!
 
B
x
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you and appreciate all comments.